Monday, November 19, 2012

                                                             Finding A New Inspiration

I have to interrupt our beginning painting series to interject thoughts on an experience I had at my daughter's  conference this week.  I volunteered to run an art auction to raise money for her policy network.  These people were some of the most highly educated, selfless, kind people I have ever met.  The artist was donating 20 oil paintings that took him a year to complete.  He also told me he was donating a series of paintings to the local homeless shelter and some paintings for a small DC chapel.  All this while working full-time. 

Suddenly, I felt ashamed that I had done so little with my art for others.  I vowed that I would donate my paintings to the local shelter and hospital and set about other ways I could help others with my art.  I am excited to start my new projects!  

It's funny how God works.  I have been trying to sell my paintings with little success in the last few months.  As soon as I started to put others first, several people have reached out to me and wanted to buy paintings!
                                                                     Silver River Path

No comments:

Post a Comment